Already we discussed the concrete material calculation
So, in this post, we are going to discuss how to calculate cement and sand for plastering work with an example calculation.
Before getting into the calculation, Let’s learn some basics
Common plastering mortar thickness and mix ratio listed below.
- Make sure you have selected optimum cement mortar ratio
- Make sure you are using good quality of sand (less silt content).
- Make sure you know the required plastering thickness.
- Make sure to follow proper plastering work procedure
Assume we need to calculate plastering material quantity for 10 X 10 m ceiling.
- Required Plastering Area = 10 x 10 = 100 m2 or Square Metre
- Plastering thickness = 12 mm
- Cement Mortar Ratio = 1:3 (1 Part Cement : 3 Part Sand)
So the required quantity of material for 100 sqm plastering with mortar thickness 15mm & mix ratio 1:3 is
- Cement = 16.7 Bags
- Sand = 1.74 m3