High alumina cement is same like as rapid hardening cement and it is a crucial type of cement.
High Alumina Cement
This cement has manufactured from bauxite and limestone. It contains 35% of Alumina and balance of lime components.
HAC seems to the colour of chocolate.
- HAC completely resists the action of acid and sulphate attack.
- High alumina cement attains high strength in a short period. It achieves the compressive strength in 1 day is 40 N/Sqmm and after 3 days is about 50 N/Sqmm.
- Good resistance capacity against fire.
- The initial and final setting times are 3.5 hours and 5 hours respectively.
- It is not affected by frost and it evolves great heat during setting.
- HAC does not expand during setting.
High Alumina cement Price
The price of HAC cement is too high compared to the other types of cement because of its special raw material. Generally, this cement price is 20% to 30% higher than other cement.
- HAC is not suitable for mass concrete because of its produce high heat in the concrete setting period.
High Alumina Cement Uses
- It can be used in the construction of a chemical plant or storage yard.
- High alumina cement is used in underwater construction.
You may be interested to read Different Types of Cement.