A right cement may increase the life of the structure and prevent from the chemical attack. The OPC and PPC cement are using to construct the general structure. Some special types of cement are used for the very special work.
The sulphate resisting cement is a special cement among in different types of cement. So in this post, we are going to discuss the Sulphate Resisting Cement along with advantages and disadvantages.
Sulphate Resisting Cement
The Sulphate resisting cement have been manufactured by adding of 5% Tricalcium aluminate with the ordinary Portland cement.
The Tricalcium aluminate (C3A) increases the resistance power against sulphate.
- This type of cement does not develop high heat compare to the other type of cement.
- SRC cement protects the structure from the sulphate attack.
- Mostly sulphate resistant is used to construct the underground structure, sewer line and where the structure located near to the sea.
- Initial Setting Time – 30 minutes and Final Setting Time – 10 Hours
- The average compressive strength of SRC cement is 10 MPa, 16 Mpa & 33 MPa respectively of 3 days, 7 days & 28 days test.
Disadvantages of Sulphate Resisting Cement
- The Sulphate resisting cement is manufacturing from some special raw materials so the cost is high.
- The water-cement ratio should not be more than 0.5.
- It is not available in the market easily.
A special material does not accelerate the quality of work so execute the work as per quality standards. You may interest to read the method of material test.