In an earlier post, we had discussed the cost estimation for different construction activity. Now, we are going to see the rate analysis for plastering.
Before analysis, understand the general aspects of Rate analysis of civil works.
Plastering Rate Analysis Basis
The following points have to be considered while analyzing the rate.
- Wages for the manpower including their transportation
- The output of the Manpower – Labour Output per day
- Required material including wastage
- Power consumption
- Water consumption
- Supervision charges
- Tools & Equipment
- Overhead & Profit
Lets us assume that we need workout rate analysis for 10 Square metre area of inner plastering work.
From the mortar mix ratio (as per IS standard), the required mortar ratio is 1:3 and thickness is 15mm
STEP 1 – Mortar Mix Material Calculation
We have detailed the calculation in our plastering work calculation post.
- Required Volume of Cement = 1/4 x 1.55 (void ratio ) x Mortar Volume = 1/4 x 1.55 x (10*0.015) = 0.058 cum or 1.67 Bags
- Required Sand Volume = 3/4 x 1.55 (void ratio) x Mortar Volume = 3/4 x 1.55 x (10*0.015) = 0.174 m3
So we need Cement – 1.67 Bags and Sand – 0.174 Cum.
STEP 2 – Required Manpower
From our Labour output per day assumption
For 10 sq.m of Plastering, we need
- Mason – 1 Day
- Helper – 1.2 Day
- Water Man – 0.1 Day
Detailed Plastering Rate Analysis Table
|Tools & Tackles||1%||23|
|Adding Sundries & Contingencies percentage||3%||70|
|Adding Overhead & Contractor profit percentage||10%||234|
|Price per Square metre||272|
The required manpower will differ based on the nature of the work such as plastering thickness, working height etc.
Hope you liked this article. Have a Good Day 🙂
Get the Excel Sheet – Rate Analysis of Plastering.